Total War: Warhammer II is a turn-based real-time tactics video game in development by The Creative Assembly. It was announced on March 31, 2017 and was released for PC on September 28, 2017.
Background[edit | edit source]
Millennia ago, besieged by a Chaos invasion, a conclave of High Elf mages forged a vast, arcane vortex. Its purpose was to draw the Winds of Magic from the world as a sinkhole drains an ocean, and blast the Daemonic hordes back to the Realm of Chaos. Now the Great Vortex falters, and the world again stands at the brink of ruin.
Powerful forces move to heal the maelstrom and avert catastrophe. Yet others seek to harness its terrible energies for their own bitter purpose. The race is on, and the very fate of the world will lie in the hands of the victor.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The second in a trilogy and sequel to the award-winning Total War: Warhammer, Total War: Warhammer II brings players a breathtaking new narrative campaign, set across the vast continents of Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth, and the Southlands. The Great Vortex Campaign builds pace to culminate in a definitive and climactic endgame, an experience unlike any other Total War title to date.
Features[edit | edit source]
- 4 new continents: Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth, and the Southlands
- Play as one of 8 Legendary Lords across 4 iconic races from the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles; each Legendary Lord has a unique geographical starting position.
- Succeed in performing a series of powerful arcane rituals in order to stabilise or disrupt The Great Vortex, while foiling the progress of the other races. Each race offers a distinctive new playstyle with unique campaign mechanics, narrative, methods of war, armies, monsters, Lores of Magic, legendary characters, and staggering new battlefield bombardment abilities.
- Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War: Warhammer II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan, and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.
Factions[edit | edit source]
- High Elves: Prince Tyrion, Defender of Ulthuan, guides the High Elves in their desperate efforts to stabilise the vortex as it roils above their home continent.
- Dark Elves: The Witch King Malekith and his sadistic Dark Elf hordes spew forth from Naggaroth and their labyrinthine Black Arks. He tastes great weakness in the vortex – and great opportunity in its demise.
- Lizardmen: Atop his palanquin-throne, the Slann Mage-Priest Mazdamundi directs his Lizardmen war-hosts as they surge northward from Lustria. He, too, is intent on preventing cataclysm, though the methods of The Old Ones must prevail.
- Tomb Kings
- Vampire Coast
Pre-order[edit | edit source]
Anyone pre-ordering Total War: Warhammer II through a SEGA approved retailer before release or buying in the first week on sale will receive the Norsca Race Pack for Total War: Warhammer free of charge.
Serpent God edition[edit | edit source]
The Serpent God Edition comes wrapped in faux lizard skin, replete with stone effect glyphs modelled on Lord Mazdamundi’s headdress, detailing the temple-cities of Lustria. It consists of the following:
- Serpent God ‘Lizard Skin’ Tome Packaging
- Integrated Art Book
- Embossed Metal Case
- Exclusive Strategy Guide
- Sticker Sheet
- Canvas Map with Exclusive Lizardmen Artwork
- Stone Effect ‘Puzzle Sphere’
- Carved Bone Effect ‘Teeth’ Totems
- 'Saurus Blade' USB with Black Library E-Books
- Norsca Race Pack
System requirements[edit | edit source]
Expected around 45-55 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to “High”, running at 1920x1080
- Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3.20GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Install size: 60 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB | AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB @1080P
Expected around 25-35 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Low”, running at 1280x720
- Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
- RAM: 4GB/5GB
- Install size: 60 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB | AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB | Intel HD4000 @ 720p